Ecommerce Websites: Important Considerations
Ecommerce websites are of growing importance to businesses. Here are three reasons why your organization should invest in ecommerce website development with 66sMedia:
In 2010, 51% of Canadians aged 16 and over purchased a product online
In 2010, Canadians placed 114 million online orders, valued at approximately $15.3 billion
The internet economy is forecasted to grow at an annual rate of 7.4% in Canada
Elements of a successful e-commerce website:
- Online cart program – there are lots of options for developing an e-commerce platform, depending on your specific needs, goal and objectives.
- Online security – security is important to your users, especially on pages where they are sharing their personal information on your e-commerce website.
- Accepting payment – there needs to be a method of accepting payment (i.e. credit card, cheque, PayPal etc) in order for transactions to occur on your website.
- Sales reports – there must be a method of tracking sales for inventory, logistic and financial purposes.
- Returns and complaints – providing a way for customers to submit feedback and managing returns is a must for any e-commerce website.
- Online customer service – measuring customer satisfaction with product and services is necessary to ensure that your e-commerce website is functioning effectively
At 66sMedia, we build websites with measurable results. In the Discovery & Research phase of our Web Design and Development Process, we work with you to find answers to the following questions in order to get a good understanding of what success looks like and create goals for your e-commerce website:
- How much revenue and profit do you want to generate each month from my ecommerce website?
- What are your monthly sales targets? What percentage is from online sales?
- Who is your target market? Why do they want to work with you? How do you differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- How many people will come to your site and what percentage will buy your products or services?